Looking for Hosting that will scale to handle an unpredictable but large burst

Need a hosting solution that will scale to handle an unpredictable but large burst of traffic for a few hours.

Basically we expect (hope) to have a huge amount of traffic on a certain date at a certain time. We need a hosting solution that will scale and handle however much traffic we throw at it during that time. Whatever the load is, just handle it, and bill us at the end. What are my options?

We don't want to just buy the biggest hosting package we can find, hope that it is enough, and then pay for an entire month when the high traffic will only be one day out of that month. (we will continue to host the site but with lower traffic indefinitely).

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator

Have you considered cloud hosting options like Digital Ocean or Hetzner Cloud?

These can scale the way you're interested in.

• TapiocaTapioca NAT Warrior

Why not give GThost.com a try?
    They offer a wide range of dedicated servers to choose from along at 17 locations.
    The price is very reasonable compared to other hosts I've seen.

• BewuntlineBewuntline NAT Warrior

The fact is that kvchosting.net provides one of the best customer support I've ever encountered.
    They are honest, fast and their professionalism goes outside the bounds.

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

Well, the options you mentioned comes under Cloud model of billing and cloud companies like AWS, Digialocean will actually empty your pockets if you go serverless.
    The better option in your case is using CDNs like Fastly and CloudFlare with 1 Application dedicated server and MySQL cloud. This better option will cost you only about 100$/month and will likely handle all the load.
    My website currently gets ~40 real visits/sec and so CDN looks a much better cost effective option. Our current Traffic gets upto 32-34TB and I actually suppose most of it is from DDOS attacks but choosing Cloud and with this amount of traffic will be a nightmare

@DeluxeNames said:
    Have you considered cloud hosting options like Digital Ocean or Hetzner Cloud?

These can scale the way you're interested in.

Hetzner Cloud is not actually cloud! Its just Virtual Private Server. Real clouds like AWS and Digitalocean work through Clusters of Compute and Network.

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in

• BarbarossBarbaross NAT Warrior

The hosting dedicado en mexico that digitalserver.com.mx offers are really excellent and cheap. They are always responsive, cost-effective, and we virtually never suffer any down time. Time is money and even 99.99% may not be good enough.

• msdlcmsdlc NAT Warrior

Best Web Hosting Providers, Managed WordPress, and Shared Hosting Plans & Reseller.

Whether you're a startup, established business, blogger, or manage multiple websites, we offer the fastest cloud hosting plans to grow with your site. Pick a plan below, and start building towards success. Verpex is a friendly team of hosting experts that’s always ready and available to assist and ensure your website succeeds. Chat with us using the live chat link below, or give us a call. You’ll be speaking directly to a knowledgeable engineer.