Problems Centering flash site

Alright well i need to know how to center the a flash swf movie file to view in the net. also how can i change the size of it so that it stays the same size in the browser? when i made a big picture in flash i checked it in a broswer and it cut most of it off wtf? can i only make my site design within that small white square on the stage? thanx
sig.jpg

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    1) to align a flash movie center within a html page use the html tags <div align="center"> and </div>
    2) To change the size of the movie you should set the width and height bits within the flash movie tag. example width="300" height="200">
    3) In flash it will only display what is on the white stage. To change the size of the stage right click on it and click on Movie Properties. Then change the width and height.

Hope I helped

The Royal Ram

• deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    alright yeah great man thanx! i didnt know u could use HTMl tags in Flash, now i would put these tags in the actions part of flash or where?
    sig.jpg
    oh no sorry. my mistake - no you cant use html tags within flash. i thought you meant you wanted to insert a flash movie into a html. sorry

To align something within flash itself just click on whatever it is and drag it to wherever you want. Although to get it to display in the center of a html page you will need to use html div tags

The Royal Ram

Alright yeah but i still need to know where i insert those "div tags" do i insert them into the actions panel in flash? and if so under which layer? do i insert them and then publish or what? please if u could be more specific im not really following how to go along wit this. thanx for ur help. :D
    sig.jpg
  • ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    you cant use HTML in flash, or at least i think so.
    Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?
    ok yes i know so then how would i use those Div tags? can someone explain to me? i need to know how to center my flash website! i hate that it comes out in the top left. i want it to center! thanx lol. do i need to go to the publish settings or what? in the HTML setting it doesnt have to center just right and left top and bottom. thanx guys
    sig.jpg
  • ForgeForge Senior Member The Royal RAM
    Ohhhhhh!! I get it now, here we go..
    <div align=center><!-- The flash code--></div>

and vwala
    Can fat people Go skinny Dipping?
  • tntcheatstntcheats Senior Member The Royal RAM
    You can't use the div tags in Flash. That was a misunderstanding.

However, to center something within Flash MX, you go Window | Align. On the right, you'll see "To Stage," click that. Then while your object(s) is(are) selected, on the top left under align (not the expand contract thing) select the middle option to align it vertically, and to the right, select the middle of the second set of three to align it horizontally.

To open the align panel in Flash 5, push Ctrk+K or Go Window | Panels | Align.
    sweet thanx guys, its like 12 pm here so im gonna try it tommo. thanx a lot guys, i knew there was a simple way.
    sig.jpg
  • tntcheatstntcheats Senior Member The Royal RAM
    I assume you mean 12 AM. ;)

And believe me that it works--I went to each program and looked for myself.
    Hell, I'll even make an animation of me using it to center a square. :D
    lol yeah, heh i get u no need for ur little animation lol.
    sig.jpg
    hmm alright well ok, that did work but that wasnt what i was looking for, i wanted to know how to make my flash movie be centered in a web browser. like every time i press f-12 to check it in a browser its always aligned to the top left. ive changed the size of the stage and covered the whole stage and it seems to "center" the movie in the middle of the browser. u get me? i think i just needed to fix the sizes so that it will "fill" the page. anyways tahnx for the tips guys.
    sig.jpg
    weve already said how to center it in the center of your browser.

<div align=center><!-- The flash code--></div>

The Royal Ram

ummm ok but im not sure exactly what u mean by that, do i add that code in the HTML file? or what? and also both sides keep saying different things. i think i just need to resize it. i have an idea on how to make it work the way i want to know though. so thanx guys!
    sig.jpg
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    IF YOU WANT TO CENTER YOUR FLAH MOVIE IN THE BROWSER, PUBLISH AS .SWF AND .HTML. UPLOAD BOTH TO THE SAME PLACE. EDIT THE .HTML FILE BY ADDING "<div align=center>" AT THE START AND "</div>" AT THE END.
  • JOJOBAJOJOBA Beginner Link Clerk
    I'm guessing your doing this in Dreamweaver.... try one thing, make the table with the 1 cell... 100% both horizontal and vertical. Center the object and place into the middle.... then here's the kicker: go to your HTML and delete the first 2 lines that Dreamweaver automatically places into your code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">;

Shocking but it works! :eek:
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    The last post in this topic was made over 6 months ago. Please don't bring up such old topics.
    On a lighter note, welcome! :)
  • ViperViper Senior Member The Royal RAM
    lmao, well said CBG
  • CoolSpyhomCoolSpyhom Beginner Link Clerk