Make the most of Google

CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy ModeratorShared Hoster
Make The Most Of Google
There is more to the Google search engine than meets the eye. Here is why so many think Google is the best.

In this article I will cover several things. But lets start with the basics.
Google.com is one of the biggest and most-known search engines there are.<br />
But did you know google has its own domain for over 120 different countries?

To see exactly what countries look at all the flags here!

I'll assume you know all about Google's Image search and there is also a News search that works in excatly the same way.
There are many more things to do if you click "more »" such as their Directory and Special Searches.

Of particular interest is the "Alerts" where you can request email updates on news or the web.

Google can also be used as an online dictionary. To find the definition of a word, you simply type "define:your_word" into google and click GO. You will then be presented with the definitions of YOUR_WORD from several websites.

In a similar way, you can use google to see how many sites are linking to any one site.
Simply type "link:http://www.kaziaz.com"; into the google search bar and click go. This will now show you all the sites that link to http://www.kaziaz.com. This is a great tool if you are working on the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your site!

You can also search for "related" sites. If you have spent ages finding a site in the google results and want more sites like it without having to spend mors time searching, simply type "related:http://www.kaziaz.com"; into the google search bar and click GO.

All these quick tips can save hours of your precious time.

If you know of anything I could add to this article or think something is wrong, please let email me or check out my site!

- CannonBallGuy
Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames
DeluxeNames

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    great article. thanks
    DeluxeNames

The Royal Ram

• CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    Do I get 50 points? ;) hehe
    :) already done

The Royal Ram

WoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Pee!
  • arkark Junior Member Shared Hoster
    goooooood stuff...... :cool:
    sig.gif

link6fl.gif wpf6dy.gif

Did you all learn anything knew?

P.S. Hopefully some mo' tuts coming soon-ish... maybe... perhaps...
    lol, ill be waiting :)

your tuts are quite good

The Royal Ram

err... I thought it was kinda crappy, but there ya go..
  • hank27hank27 Beginner Link Clerk
    you can also use it as a calculator in the search box type in
    20/2

also you can use it to see how many specific words are used in descriptions, that link to your web site search box example
    cheap web hosting =supercheapwebhosting.net
    or
    cheap =supercheapwebhosting.net

there are millions more, we should stat a list of all known tricks/hacks
    DeluxeNames
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    you can also do conversions of things like lbs into kg's, cm into inches etc
    DeluxeNames
    I know all that but I was just trying to stick to regular seach type things... :)
    Maybe I will make another article called "Why Google sin't just a search engine!"... :)
  • hank27hank27 Beginner Link Clerk
    here is most of the google features from them, although i know theres more.

Google search stuff link
  • ayushsinhalayushsinhal Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Make The Most Of Google
    There is more to the Google search engine than meets the eye. Here is why so many think Google is the best.

In this article I will cover several things. But lets start with the basics.
    Google.com is one of the biggest and most-known search engines there are.<br />
    But did you know google has its own domain for over 120 different countries?

To see exactly what countries look at all the flags here!

I'll assume you know all about Google's Image search and there is also a News search that works in excatly the same way.
    There are many more things to do if you click "more »" such as their Directory and Special Searches.

Of particular interest is the "Alerts" where you can request email updates on news or the web.

Google can also be used as an online dictionary. To find the definition of a word, you simply type "define:your_word" into google and click GO. You will then be presented with the definitions of YOUR_WORD from several websites.

In a similar way, you can use google to see how many sites are linking to any one site.
    Simply type "link:http://www.kaziaz.com"; into the google search bar and click go. This will now show you all the sites that link to http://www.kaziaz.com. This is a great tool if you are working on the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your site!

You can also search for "related" sites. If you have spent ages finding a site in the google results and want more sites like it without having to spend mors time searching, simply type "related:http://www.kaziaz.com"; into the google search bar and click GO.

All these quick tips can save hours of your precious time.

If you know of anything I could add to this article or think something is wrong, please let email me or check out my site!

- CannonBallGuy
    realy apreciate your tutorials
  • How does Google gets answer to our questions.
    This has always been baffling.

• Excel7878Excel7878 Link Clerk

Great article! Google, with it's handy apps and tools seems to be integrated into the day-to-day life of an average internet user. Almost indispensable!😊