Selling BC-BB

WatchOutWatchOut Advanced UserVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Hello!

I'm currently selling BC-BB because i have lack of time administrating it, it's great has a lot of traffic, well you can visit it for further information. Start bidding and maybe you get this website, the highest bidder gets my website!
My forum has been online for some months, and is indexed a lot by google, msn, and abit on yahoo. It's getting a lot of new backlinks, well the logos, and all are owned by BC-BB, and you get all package included with it.
All the payments are made through Paypal, so a paypal account is a MUST.

Link : http://bcbb.createmybb.com

Regards, WatchOut
Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I'm afraid that your forum is pretty much worthless in terms of how much sites sell for because it's just a free forum, making it no better than anything on invisionfree or similar hosts.
    You don't actually own the forum software, domain name, bandwidth or hosting space, you only own the content on the forum which you have the rights to, which is the content you have created yourself.
    Even then, some companies such as those offering forum hosting can easliy rig their TOS to give them the right to use content on your forum without asking or paying anything for it.
    The advertisements are for the forum host, not for you, meaning that they generate no income for whoever owns the site.

There's nothing preventing anyone from buying hosting with PHP and mySQL and setting up a similar forum (using a more well known and trusted forum system) with adverts which will pay out t the site owner and with a decent URL.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • WatchOutWatchOut Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    yeah, i know i'm not owning it, but i was allowed to sell it. maybe somebody wanna buy it for some $ .
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    The problem is though that for the money someone would pay for it, they might as well go buy hosting from somewhere like ASO and then it's just a case of installing a free forum system on it.
    That way, they would own pretty much everything other than the forum software, unless they bought a commercial licence from Jelsoft, Invision or similar.
    Basically, all they would be getting from you would be your login details :/
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    yeah, true. But all the forum contest is that worth 0 $ ?
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    These stats don't do good when selling your forum, I'm sorry:

Who's Online [Complete List]

6 users active in the past 15 minutes (0 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 6 guests).

Board Statistics

Our members have made a total of 1,305 posts in 1,150 threads.
    We currently have 49 members registered.
    Please welcome our newest member, tirador
    The most users online at one time was 88 on 10-08-2006 at 09:57 AM

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

Yeah, but this information may change your thoughts :)

http://www.google.se/search?q=site:http://bcbb.createmybb.com&hl=sv&lr=&start=0&sa=N

Future Pagerank prediction : 4 ! Tested with iWebTool.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
    =O

Nice information you got there Watch. The only problem with the domain name is the "unwanted -". I hope you'll sell it soon ^^.

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

Yeah, i know the information i love it. But the subdomain/host i hate it. If there was an Database backup feature i would even buy backup, but the host doesn't have that feature available yet.
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
    Is that so? What kind of database do you use, MySQL/Oracle/Access (using ODBC)?

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

I have no idea, i do not have any access to the database, or something similiar. I really regret my forum starting there, i should do it on a free host, buy a domain or earn one. Well, i made a mistake, i'll never do again ;)
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com
    Hmm yes, true. Funny host that is =P.

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

Yeah, not funny, they actually stink!

I mean i've used that host, their support was so un-active.

I would recomment NOT to use that host .
    Computer Forumz

www.computerforumz.com