Your First Website

Python came up with this question the other day and I found it a fascinating topic so I wanted to ask as well.

Mine was a Yahoo Geocities site that is now embarrassing to show you but if I'm going to ask the question, I need to also be willing to answer. The domain is newer but it forwards to my older site. I did not know any html at the time so I created it with their wysiwyg software:
http://www.BryantJones.com

Ok so I embarrassed my self, :o now it's your turn, your first website please ;)

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    My first site was online-persona.co.uk. It contained my CV, tag tutorials and a phpBB forum I installed to play with. :hippy2:
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    It's been gone since February this year, couldn't afford to renew it and got hacked off with constantly receiving spam from my previous host/registrar. :(
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • tshugotshugo Junior Member Shared Hoster
    My first site was ptrs.net.tf lolz...:D
    tshugo wrote:
    My first site was ptrs.net.tf lolz...:D

No shame there Tshugo, that site is waaaaaaaay better than mine. At least yours required that you use html.

Welcome to our fourm by the way!
  • cooljebacooljeba Beginner Link Clerk
    geocities.com/thepolymers/homepage infact my second site.. completely coded in notepad :P

firstone I did using MS Word. geocity has taken it down :( . Was a complete n00b :baby: then.. but I feel proud as everyone starts there..

latest designs are
    cheapbanners.in
    cooljeba.com

etc :D

..:: peace ::..
    Jeba
    cooljeba wrote:
    ...my second site.. completely coded in notepad :P
    firstone I did using MS Word. geocity has taken it down :( . Was a complete n00b :baby: then.. but I feel proud as everyone starts there..
    latest designs are
    cheapbanners.in
    cooljeba.com
    :D
    Jeba

Thanks for joining and welcome to the forum Cooljeba!
    I visited Cooljeba.com and hey, that's a nice site! You've come a long way from Geocities!

Very cool that you're from India. A serious question, could you please tell me what a Swami is? Is it like a guru or wiseman?
    -Bryant
    pfgannon wrote:
    A huge family!

Good morning PF! So funny that you all are on a different time clock then us, it's only 4:45 AM here and I should be sound asleep :D

Yup, very proud of my family! We are Welsh-American on both sides except for the fact that one of my Mother's reletives was native american. Back then, they wern't proud of being Native American so they kept very little records except the verbal story so we don't even know what tribe.
    You see they were very proud to be Welsh :glasses:

Now back on topic, who else has a first website to show us??
  • cooljebacooljeba Beginner Link Clerk
    Thanks for joining and welcome to the forum Cooljeba!
    I visited Cooljeba.com and hey, that's a nice site! You've come a long way from Geocities!

Very cool that you're from India. A serious question, could you please tell me what a Swami is? Is it like a guru or wiseman?
    -Bryant

hi,

Thanks..

swami is more of a wiseman .. like a very knowlegable person is called Swami.. now a days we have lots of fraud swami's here in India :rofl:.

Jeba
    cooljeba wrote:
    hi,
    Thanks..
    swami is more of a wiseman .. like a very knowlegable person is called Swami.. now a days we have lots of fraud swami's here in India :rofl:.
    Jeba

I see, they are like con-men swamis. Very sad state the world is in now.

PFGannon, did you have a first website to how us? We're dying to see these "first sites" people, we need something to laugh at this early in the morning :rofl:
    we need something to laugh at this early in the morning :rofl:

:rofl: evil
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • JohnJohn Junior Member NAT Warrior
    I wish I still had one of my first sites, geocities took it down but it was just full of animated gifs and massive wallpapers that I thought were good, don't know what I was thinking but then again it was my first site when I was 11 - 12 :P
    [+] JSlane Designs
    [+] JSlane Hosts
  • tec-geektec-geek Beginner Link Clerk
    My first website was a free account with 50megs.com. It wasn't really even a site, just mainly a collection of scripts from various HTML and JS tutorials. :p
  • tshugotshugo Junior Member Shared Hoster
    No shame there Tshugo, that site is waaaaaaaay better than mine. At least yours required that you use html.

Welcome to our fourm by the way!

Thanks for that :D I like the old school html code programming ;)
  • LurkinBackLurkinBack Senior Member The Royal RAM
    My first site is the one i'm on now, but its been through a few changes since it first got put up. First time I designed it myself using plain html. Now its using a design by Moddy and soon its going to be changed again to include a Flash gallery that I'm making :banghead:
    Awwwww why are you banging your head Lurk? :rofl:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    cos its flash and its only on your computer :banghead:
    hehehe *snicker*
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
    'snot fair :banghead:
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    Python came up with this question the other day and I found it a fascinating topic so I wanted to ask as well.

Mine was a Yahoo Geocities site that is now embarrassing to show you but if I'm going to ask the question, I need to also be willing to answer. The domain is newer but it forwards to my older site. I did not know any html at the time so I created it with their wysiwyg software:
    http://www.BryantJones.com

Ok so I embarrassed my self, :o now it's your turn, your first website please ;)
    hey - that first site of your isn't bad at all. better than some sites i come across today... :)

wow, harvard student... and i see you've got a great family... lucky you... :D
    daboss wrote:
    hey - that first site of your isn't bad at all. better than some sites i come across today... :)
    and i see you've got a great family... lucky you... :D

Thanks Daboss, mighty kind of you!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    www.geocities.com/premiershipfacts

it was a college assignemnt which had to eet some rules.
    It had to have 12 pages have more than 1 programming language ad be valid html aswel as a few other minor rules

i did it all i otepad as in them days i never knew what dreamweaver was (about 4 years old) also the header was a man running on 1 spot so ichaged that in psp's animation shop so he ran the width of the table.

Im quite surprised its still there to be honest.
  • GinavereGinavere Junior Member Shared Hoster
    First site was on and still is around.. Its on Yahoo Geo cities and for my role playing character. I started it back in 1998 and it was awful but though out the years it has improved greatly! LOL I need to get in there and updated but haven't had the time ( geocities.com/ginavere/index.html ) ginapirate There is another one, a personal one and GAWD it is so awful and outdated no one will see that one! LOL But I learned it all by html and copying codes along the way, fussing here, fussing there and not to mention a lot of nasty words.
    There?s a miracle of friendship that dwells within the heart And you don?t know how it happens or where it gets its start But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift Any you realize that friendship Is God?s most perfect gift.
    --Anon
  • MystiiMystii Beginner Link Clerk
    My first website is around somewhere... but I forgot where I have it tucked LOL. I saw it at one point but then lost it ROFL. It was a simple thing, done in HTML and notepad with a few graphics. I used it mostly for links to other things and to show off graphics I was making. I had a scan of a cartoon that was done for me in the 80's on the front page. Now I really do need to find that site LOL! The second version of it is still up... and it's here: (grrr it won't let me post a link to it yet because I haven't posted enough.

Well, it's linked on my site now under Old Site I think.
  • KatraKatra UK's Top 10 Graphic Artists NAT Warrior
    My first site was like Gina's based on role play character, I was Lady Crimson and Huntress of Souls. A long time ago but I sure had fun in the chat rooms :angel:
    My Gallery
    WWWC Photoshop & Bryce Tutor
    Founder of TWInc
    Profession: KMA
    I am not a purple people eater :p
    Ginavere wrote: »
    There is another one, a personal one and GAWD it is so awful and outdated no one will see that one!

That's the one we want to see Gina :thumbsup:
    Pretty Please :)
    Katra wrote: »
    My first site was like Gina's based on role play character, I was Lady Crimson and Huntress of Souls. A long time ago but I sure had fun in the chat rooms :angel:

Show us show us Katra :wave:
    To avoid the censor program, people can write the link like:
    w ww.website.com
  • MystiiMystii Beginner Link Clerk
    LOL I noticed that Gina and Katra didn't show the links!!
    Mystii wrote: »
    LOL I noticed that Gina and Katra didn't show the links!!

You noticed that too huh? Hey Katra and Gina, we still want to see those first sites :)