What Would You Like To See In A Blog Script?

pfgannonpfgannon ModeratorAdministrator
As great as Wordpress is I still think its lacking. And I've been thinking of cool new features that a blog software could have. And maybe someone *cough* Nuvo *cough* ;) will stumble upon this and work it into their siftware.

Rss Feeds in the Admin Panel so they can stay current with their topic within their admin panel, instant access to content to add to your site.

Anyone else have ideas?

Comments

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Hmmm.
    CMS Object (working title, you can thank Python for suggesting it) does have RSS 2.0 feeds, but they aren't in the admin section at this time, they only show on the actual site.
    Currently, it's not built for multi-user use, but that's mainly as I haven't added user managment features yet (more than one user can sign up, but there's no way of setting who can do what easily as of yet).

The main things I need to get done are:
    Better skinning support:
    Currently, having different front-end's is possible, but editing them requires that you work around some (minimal) Ruby code (basically, work around <%= @content_for_layout %> and <%= insert_menu %>) and in order to switch between them, you have to open a config file (YAML format, but pretty easy to edit) and set the path to the skin \ front-end you want to use.
    While it's not overly hard to do at the moment, I'd like to incorporate an ACP based skin sellection option (which might see me dumping the config and using a database entry instead as trying to get Rails' YAML support to work is getting a bit irritating) with a preview image or something.
    I've also thought of using Liquid, a Rails add-on which allows you to use a less intrusive way of using Ruby code in templates.

Resource managment:
    I just think it'd be a good idea if there was a way of uploading something without using FTP or your hosts uploader.
    While this isn't as important, it would be nice to have something like this at some point.

User managment:
    Well, if you're going to have multiple users, you may as well have some way of controling them.

I know for a fact that there's also a nifty Rails bolt on (plugin, engine or GEM) which allows you to have multiple sites running off of one script where they would have url's like bob.site.com and their database would be set using the subdomain name (so it'd connect to the "bob" database), which had me having silly idea's at one point...
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • rebelagentrebelagent Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I know the perfect community for blogs its called diaryland.com everything about the programming is great! It's just not in PHP i think...and not to mention the layout is really girly. Another thing is they won't change. Then there's features only members can have.... I think the perfect feature is

-Completely customizable diary. meaning you can move the nav where you want and content etc.
    -Make private or not private or friends only.
    -Able to have a subscribing RSS feed in the Admin area to read other diaries and all you have to do is paste the rss code from the other diary in order to read it. Keeping the blog completely easy to monitor by fellow bloggers/readers.
    -Comments on or off and complete customization of the comment template.
  • Are you looking for a bridal gown with that "wow" factor? The dress that will make your fiance's jaw drop when you walk down the aisle? Then look no further than the sexy mermaid style bridal gown.

Chinese oil paintings since the beginning of the fall, and "realism" and "realist painting" has a natural link, or from a certain sense, the beginning of the period of Chinese oil paintings is the "realist painting." Chinese oil painting in the way of development, "realism" and "realist painting" has always been associated with it.

Formality-A ****tail dress usually means what they wear to a ****tail party. Drinks and appetizers are usually served there. Moreover, guests have freedom to select the skirt length since a ****tail party is less formal than most events. An evening dresses or formal dresses are what they wear to special occasions such as formal weddings, balls, charity events, etc. Choosing what to wear depends on the event formality. In case you wear a dress in a formal event, you might not be thought as a cultivated woman as formal events need proper solemnities.

For a neat, uncluttered look, select a column dress produced from satin. They look like liquid one time the dress moves. Another way to glisten is by wearing a dress covered with mirrored glass or sequins. When strapless styles possess a heavily embellished top and an unadorned skirt, it creates an eye-pleasing contrast. Panels of overlays are featured on prom dresses this season. Some only appear to be transparent, while others actually are see-through. They could be exactly the same color as the dress or a flesh tone. To produce additional excitement, sequins, beads or lace may be additional on top belonging to the overlays.

The kingdom is cut off also common for mermaid wedding gowns. This is the best way to get the visual scene to create higher look. Petite brides want to be what you can handle this kind of siren style and is certainly beautiful. And it is also suitable for women with small breasts and a little less difficult. The size is raised to help your breasts appear fuller. In general, mermaid bridal dresses are very picky about their body counts. Consider the digits of your body, and select the most appropriate style accordingly.

As far as the styles of the short gowns, there's so lots of available. For example, empire waist short dress features an empire high waist which makes your legs look longer than your bodice. Bubble short prom dress with pink- up to skirt dress is characterized as a formal dress with casual picture. It will generate a youthful and cute look.

Wedding shoes, looking for something a small different, unique & perhaps even exclusive then Pink Products is confident you will find it here. Try to strike a balance between your own personal tastes, your overall wedding day look, & comfort when shopping for wedding shoes. The best wedding shoes are those that make you feel sexy & exquisite. Comfort might be necessary, but so is your own flair for fashion. Select shoes that complement your dress & also show off your own sense of style. Those with a fashionable style might require to pick a pair of sleek stilettos, while those with classic taste might select a low-heeled shoe. Whatever your style, pick a pair of wedding shoes that makes you feel wonderful.