wow, things have changed...

dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss''Administrator
haven't been back for a while - dropped by today and notice that p has sold this forum. i actually saw the sales thread in another forum but didn't realize that the sale went through... :) congrats to the new owner...

anyway, hope that the new owner will take this place to newer heights. devdreams (the old name) was my first 'home' forum but i moved on...

and what happened to the old boys - cbg, tony and fourtone87? still around?

Comments

• MGDesignsMGDesigns Admin VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Welcome back daboss, good to see you around :D
    A cynic is a person who when smells flowers looks around for a coffin! :rolleyes:
    -
    ModGirl Design
    My ArtWanted Portfolio
    Renderosity Gallery
  • DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    daboss wrote:
    haven't been back for a while - dropped by today and notice that p has sold this forum. i actually saw the sales thread in another forum but didn't realize that the sale went through... :) congrats to the new owner...
    anyway, hope that the new owner will take this place to newer heights. devdreams (the old name) was my first 'home' forum but i moved on...

Thanks for coming back for a visit Daboss and for the well wishes! Thankfully, Tony is still with us becaue he's a great Moderator. He was the inspiration behind the Header/Logo contest as he made the suggestion to change the header.
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    i'll stick around and see how things go... you seem pretty good at this... :)

one of the reasons people left this forum previously was that most members were really young (p was only 15 then) and there was too much chatter everywhere...
    daboss wrote:
    one of the reasons people left this forum previously was that most members were really young (p was only 15 then) and there was too much chatter everywhere...

Thanks for the nice comments Daboss! :o
    We're lucky to have you.
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    daboss wrote:

I kind of know what you mean here.
    Just before Python's last host imploded, it seemd that a majority of the posts made were in the posting games that were in the general forum.

Python's reason for selling up was that he didn't want to be doing too much at once.
    Since DevDreams was kicked back by a fair bit and TutorialDash was completely nuked by the downage, he'd have to sort out DevDreams and rebuild whatever other sites were on the network, which were mainly TutorialDash and $5Link.
    When he did rebuild TD, people found that it was a much better site than it had been before and since both TutorialDash and DevDreams are very similar in terms of their function, but TD is somewhat more pro looking and based on a newer code base, he decided to carry on with TD rather than doing both.

He's also selling the other domains he had (including $5Link), but he'll probably start another web project once TD is fully stable and mature as it won't need as much attention then.

Also, the document icon in the image I posted in the compo topic was made after visiting TutorialDash and playing with creating icons based on some images on the old design.
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • tshugotshugo Junior Member Shared Hoster
    For how long have this forum been around? Some history :D
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    daboss wrote:

Welcome back, mate. :hello:
    I'm still hanging around, to see how things span out at least. :)
    tshugo wrote:
    For how long have this forum been around? Some history :D

I'm glad you asked, I'm thinking of adding a "History" link on the navigation (Thank you Python for this history):

Michael Morgan, aka: Python, first opened the DevDreams Tutorial site online on April 3rd 2004. At the time he was only 15 years old, a young boy genius.

On April 9, 2004, the DevDreams forum was added. DevDreams first started selling advertising in July 2004. At it's peak, DevDreams had a Google Page Rank of 5.

It was a fateful day on June 8th as ViveHosting went down for good and took DevDreams down with it.

On June 12th Python was able to get most of DevDreams back online but this had been a rough experience for Python. This hosting crash, along with several other factors like some new sites and school, made Python decide it was time to sell DevDreams.

In July, 2006, DevDreams was sold to Bryant Jones, aka: DeluxeNames. Although the word, "Developer" is popular in the UK, here in the U.S., people often think you're referring to Land Developers, so the new owner made the decision to rename it, "WebmasterPost" to give it appeal to both the U.S. and U.K. audience.

That brings us to today, WebmasterPost/DevDreams has 1,274 Members, a Google Page Rank of 4 and history is being written as we speak.
    Welcome back, mate. :hello:
    I'm still hanging around, to see how things span out at least. :)
    always nice to see someone you know... :)

now what the heck happened to fourtone87??? i believe p and tony are still around... i also see some familiar new names here from other forums...

wow, so the ever famour vivehosting crashed on p huh? :D
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    I (fourtone87) am here daboss! I've changed my name here also.
    I'm glad you asked, I'm thinking of adding a "History" link on the navigation:

That brings us to today, WebmasterPost/DevDreams has 1,274 Members, a Google Page Rank of 4 and it's history is being created as we speak...

Sure, no problem :D

I`m glad to contribute to the history of the forum ;)
    pfgannon wrote:
    I (fourtone87) am here daboss! I've changed my name here also.
    haha... that's why i couldn't find you... :D

does sebasic still frequent this place?
    daboss wrote:
    haha... that's why i couldn't find you... :D

does sebasic still frequent this place?
    Oh god I forgot about that guy. No I don't think hes been here in a LONG time.
    So daboss, what are you doing with yourself these days?
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    SEBasic - He was a great member! Its a shame he left. I wonder where he is now... if anyone sees him around anywhere let us know.

The Royal Ram

pfgannon wrote:
    Oh god I forgot about that guy. No I don't think hes been here in a LONG time.
    So daboss, what are you doing with yourself these days?
    me? i'm currently flying around the region (different countries) implementing a large project for a customer (nothing web related - this is my real job). been doing that for almost a year now - very tiring... :(

on the net, i developed a directory script - http://www.indexscript.com/download.php and http://www.indexskins.com - not too bad for a hobbyist huh? :D

sebasic's a great and active member over at digitalpoint...
    daboss wrote:
    me? i'm currently flying around the region (different countries) implementing a large project for a customer

What are you implementing? Very curious. Flying around to different countries sounds down right fun if you ask me. :glasses:
    Oh man I thought he dropped off the planet.
    Whats his name over there?
    deluxenames, - it's not fun when you have a family back home and it's really tiring in the long run. after a while you just wish that you can stay put for a while. i'm managing a large banking system with resources from 4 different countries (including the us).

pfgannon - he's known as sebasic there too... ;) he's very respected over there...
    daboss wrote:
    deluxenames, - it's not fun when you have a family back home and it's really tiring in the long run. after a while you just wish that you can stay put for a while. (including the us).

I don't have a family of my own so it's hard to see from that side but I guess I can understand that it's hard on you all to have so much away time.
    Maybe his email is in the forums database? ;)