AdSense - what is happening to all that money?

SEbasicSEbasic Advanced UserVPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
I have read a lot of talk recently relating how bad the new adsense changes have been.

I have heard webmasters remark on (to name a few) some of the following things...

1- Lower clickthrough rates
2- An increase in public service advertising (for which you do not get paid if clicks are made)
3- Lower overall income
4- Less money on each click that is made

I wonder Google has decided to do this to it's users?

As far as I know, advertisers have not got a reduction on their costs per click rates.

This begs the question, what is happening to all that money?

No prize for guessing who's pocket it goes into! :oops:

Why is that the most loved and most used SE in the world, suddenly feels that they need to increase their income?

When Google announces it's IPO in the next few days, we'll really be able to see how well they are doing.

I'm looking forward to it.

S

:cry:
Rave it up.

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    i use adsense and ive noticed a slight difference in whats being earned through clicks. ive got a new adsnese account now so its kinda hard to compare to any other old ones

The Royal Ram

• SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    I know someone who used to earn in the region of somewhere between £30-£45 per month. Now, They are lucky if they get £15.

That's a real big difference in income...

S
    Rave it up.
    yeah

The Royal Ram

• rallyfanrallyfan Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    yeah that is well low. i was going to get adsense when i get my server
    for the sake of old times!

:)
  • pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    might as well its such a standerd thing on webpages now i barely recognize them
    ye. i will do it but i'll need money to keep the site running

• 0kthomas0kthomas Junior Member Shared Hoster
    i HAD adsense but they canceled my account i was on $1.70
    might as well its such a standerd thing on webpages now i barely recognize them

That is called banner blindness. Adsense is supposed to be less sucpetable to that as it uses text ads instead of big graphics
    Rave it up.
    yeah. well as you know there are adsense ads on this site. currently they are the only income coming from this site. i have noticed the differene in public service ads! there are way more. ive seen no change in the amount earned though. but maybe im wrong. ill have to waitf or more clicks so i can look at stats

The Royal Ram

they might only con newer and unexperianced sites.

nah they wouldnt eb able to do that because if they cahnged the amoun of public service ads it would affect every site not specific ones. and why would they want to only change it for newer sites?

The Royal Ram

cause there new they might think that not a lot of people know about the site and not enough people will click on there adsense.

Nothing to do with how new the site is.

It is a WWW wide thing.

It's just not as good
    Rave it up.
    ye cool. i learn everything day gone

• dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    Hi,

My experience with Adsense:

1. Recently the advert dollars have been erratic - one day $0.1 the next $19.00
    2. However, overall, my total has increased

With regards to their public service ads, you have to make sure that your page content has some theme that is consistent. I used to get lots of public service ads but after streamlining my content, I hardly get any now.

Regards.
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    on my ssite although its not actually up its just for testing on till i sort the design and content out i earnt about $2 in the first week then its gone down to less then $2 in 3 weeks
    ok its not much but if it was a proper site and i was relying on them it would be a hell of a drop
  • dabossdaboss WP V.I.P. ''The Boss'' Administrator
    Hi Tony,

Maybe you should stablize your site before using current earnings as a benchmark. I notice that if you change your site contents a lot, the adverts get confused. What I suggest is that you change your contents little by little until you get the adverts that are truly appropriate - then try to minimize changes.

Regards. 8)
    I have actually noticed a very slight increase in adsense income. I took a look at my stats just a min ago and recently in the past week takings have been better than they were to start with.

but this could just be traffic increase, lol

The Royal Ram

my content has generally been the same - with a few changes to make it more search engine friendly but not much, the main changes were in the design
    sorry to multipost
    but yea i do understand i cant go off anything ive earnt yet considering the site is just for test purposes, my proper design should be going up in the next week :D so fingers crossed the money will come rolling in lol
  • CibokCibok Junior Member Shared Hoster
    I haven't noticed any big changes lately.
    But I still think it might be true that google is taking a bigger share of the revenue now. But who knows! :P
  • Raven2424Raven2424 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Im new to adsense and have been excepted to start im wondering and if someone could answer my questions :)

1. How many hits does your site get
    2. Whats ur monthly income
    3. (noobie question) At what amount does adsense send payment

thanks i just want to use this as a mark to see how many hits i need and such thanks
    XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!
    1. 3200+ daily impressions on google ads(this isnt total hits)
    2. Its against googles terms of service to say how much your earning
    3. $100 - at the end of the month

The Royal Ram

adsense pay when youve earnt $100
    my site has been up 2 months im getting about 200impressions (about 30-50 unique people) a day
    your not allowed to say your income as its against the TOS
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I don't use adsense but I know you cant ask #2.
    The answer to #3 is $100.
    I believe at the end of the first month that you have $100 they send you a check... Am I right guys?
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    lol. we all answerd at the same time lol
    yes your right. if at the end of the month your balance is $100 or more they will send out the check 30 days later

The Royal Ram

• Raven2424Raven2424 Junior Member Shared Hoster
    Ok thanks for the info but At some forums when people are selling there site this includes domain, layout everything they usally say there monthly income like "ya i get 12,000 impressions and make XXX Dollers a month form adsense"

I am assuming that is agenst the TOS but i can see how it could not be aswell as it could be border line?? comments?
    XR-Host.com Free templates, Tutorials, Scripts and more!! Great Site with lots content from templates, logos, Scripts, Tutorials and more!
    it is against the TOS but the chances of google seing it are slim
    and people also need to know what the site is earning if they are thinking of buying it although this should probably be kept to emails
  • cptnwinkycptnwinky Junior Member Shared Hoster
    The fact that clicks are going down probably has more to do with the "Newness" and appeal of them. They were so cool in the begining that I think people clicked on them more just to help out the sites owners. Now they are everywhere and no one really cares for them. I tend to skip over them most of the time.
    PM me for small freelance php jobs.
    I have never been too needy but I lost my job due to the company shutting down our location. I just had a child and live in a pretty depressed area at the moment. I need some freelance work fairly bad.